Saturday, September 1, 2012

9-1-12

Wow, so I’ve already been back to school for two weeks, and August is officially over. Labor Day is Monday, so it’s a three day weekend. I’m not as happy about that as most people, since that just means I procrastinate a lot. Campus is pretty dead with people going home for the long weekend, and a lot went to the football game today, too. This week hasn’t been super eventful. Swimming is still really hard. I’m still super exhausted after classes. That’s a good thing, though. The professor that pissed me off for finding a time for his class to meet gave just as wonderful of lectures as last semester, so I’ve decided to forgive him. Vee was actually gone most of the week to her sister’s wedding. I had a job interview on Thursday, and I get to be a university tutor now. They’ll assign me a couple students from this one program and I’ll tutor them one or two hours a week each. My classes are all going OK, though there’s not much going on in them until it’s time for midterms. My depression is still around, so I had a couple bad days, but I had just as many normal days too, so that was alright.
                Thursday night I was supposed to meet Anneh and study, but I ended up taking a nap and then not getting up afterward. I ended up being in bed from 6 at night until 7 the next morning. And I was asleep most of that time. I’m not sure if it was because of my swimming class earlier that day, or if I was way shorter on sleep than I realized. Either way, I obviously needed the sleep, so I’m not complaining. I’m actually kinda impressed with how long I slept. Friday I went to my research advisor’s tenure presentation thing. She had to turn in all her stuff saying why she should get tenure earlier this week, and then she gave a presentation of all that she’s done while she was here at this university. Most professors get tenure at our school, so I’m hoping she’s fine. The department head doesn’t really like her, though, and she’s worried he might try and get her fired. If she doesn’t hear anything in November to look for a new job, she’ll know she got it. Then she won’t hear officially until next April. So she’s got a bit of a wait. I think she’ll be fine, though. Friday (last) night I studied with Anneh for a couple of hours and then we decided we both wanted to drink but neither of us wanted to get drunk. So we picked up a six-pack of beer and went back to her place. We sat around and each drank two while watching TV. I had the tiniest of buzzes, but she’s way smaller and kinda a lightweight, so she was slightly tipsy. We walked back downtown, got something to eat, and then sat on the steps of one of the university buildings and talked for a while. It turns out Vee had already told Anneh about my scars being self-inflicted. So that was kinda nice, because she didn’t freak out when I decided to tell her (most people don’t take it well), but I was also a little irritated Vee was sharing that with people. Oh, well. She probably didn’t share it with any of our other mutual friends, and I don’t care if she told people I don’t know. Vee and Anneh have a kinda weird relationship. Anyway, after that I went to bed, was really slow getting up in the morning. Anneh and I were going to meet to study some more, but I had a cold that was barely starting last night that decided to become full blown over night. So I felt like crap today and Anneh was watching the game and drinking with people, so we decided studying was a no-go. So I basically sat around all day and just did a couple of small things. Hopefully tomorrow will be more productive. I’m going out for lunch with my sisters, and I need to do laundry. If I get a little reading done on top of that, I’ll be sufficiently productive.
                So yeah, that’s my not-very-exciting week. I hope everyone else is having a good weekend. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment