Monday, August 27, 2012

8-27-12

So I was writing these weekly entries on Saturdays, but the last two have ended up being on Mondays. I’m never as productive as I want to be on the weekends. It took me one week to fall back to laziness/unmotivation. As my random little post Wednesday (was it Wednesday?) showed, my depression already decided to come back. I’m still holding off on setting up an appointment with Dr. H though. I really want to try and get through this on my own (and with some friends).
                The first week of classes really wasn’t too bad. I didn’t have much homework, just reading to do. I fell behind on that this weekend already, but I still have time to catch up. I’m just going to have to be productive in the evenings this week. I blocked most of my fun sites on the internet, so I’m hoping that will help. Unfortunately, you can’t block sites on Internet Explorer, so I find myself just going to that instead. I’m just hoping I can make myself not do that. We’ll see how that goes. So obviously, the first week I met all my professors. I’m really excited about most all of them. They seem like they’re going to be good. My biochemistry professor in particular seems like he’s going to be a good time. He’s British, and constantly says hilarious things in class. My favorites so far: “I’m surprised so many of you are here in class. I heard (insert my university here) is the number (insert embarrassing small number) party school in the U.S. (recently, from a legit source, too. Apparently the University President isn’t happy). Shouldn’t you all be face-down, drunk in a gutter somewhere?” Also: “On the way home in my car, I heard a song by a woman claiming to be made of titanium. That’s just factually incorrect. (We were talking about the elements found in living things.)” Sadly, the only professor I’m slightly pissed at right now was one I liked last semester. I’m taking a class with him where we had to all agree on a time to meet in the evenings. We could only go one certain night since other people had stuff on other nights. He offered us three times that we could have class that night, and we took a vote. Everyone voted for the middle time, except me and one other person. We voted for the last time, since we both had class during the middle time. He’s like, sorry, I’m not going against the vote. You’ll just have to figure something out. It’s like, wtf? I have to be at both of these classes. Why can’t you push it back just a fucking hour, and fuck the vote? Whatever, I’ll get it figured out. That professor may have finally figured out who I am, though. He never seemed to remember me whenever I had to talk to him last semester. When I gave him my name this semester, though, he was writing it down and was all of a sudden like “Oh, that just clicked. Glad you’re taking this.” So I think he knows I got like the top grade in his class last semester.
                So let’s see, what else? I had to call to make a payment for something on Tuesday. Before I did that, I had to call the bank and raise the limit on my debit card for the day. Then the payment still didn’t go through. So I had to call the bank again, and they thought it was because the payment was too much for being paid over the phone. So I had to call back to the place I was trying to make the payment to, and ask them to split it up into two separate ones. And every time I call that place, they always ask, “Why don’t you do this online?” Because I can’t get on my fucking account and you’re ITS department isn’t responding. Believe me, I’d much rather do stuff like that online. I hate the phone. So what else. I met with my undergraduate research advisor Wednesday and found out which grad student I’m going to be working with this semester. I kinda sounds like another kid might be working with me and my grad student too. That night I had a discussion section that the TA didn’t show for (they just assumed we knew we wouldn’t have it since it was the first week). While we waiting for class to start, this girl comes in and sits between her friend and some random guy. The first thing out of her mouth: “I suppose I should introduce you two. (To the guy) What’s your name?” It was pretty amusing.
                Thursday, I had my first lap swimming class (I’m taking some PE classes to finish my Gen Eds). Holy fuck it was hard. I was so tired afterwards. I almost threw up on the bus home. There was a creepy old guy wandering around the locker room after class got out. There’s some older people who use the gyms and stuff, so that wasn’t too weird. What was weird is that he’s walking around naked without a destination. Like, not to the showers or something. Whatever. Later that night I was walking down the sidewalk and I heard this kid telling his friend “So I saw my dad having sex with my other dad the other day…” That’s all I heard. What an odd line to hear just walking down the sidewalk. Friday, Zee actually sat by me and Vee in our biochem lecture since he got there a little late and his normal spot was gone. He’s a nice kid even if he is a bit awkward. I got my annual cake from my mom for my birthday. I just don’t tell her I end up throwing most of it away since I don’t have nearly enough people to share it with. So I turned 21 on Saturday, so I went to Walmart with Vee and Nett and bought a bunch of alcohol for them since I wanted to buy something but didn’t need anything myself. I was the first of my friends to turn 21 (except Barry who’s gone. Except he was apparently in town on Saturday and didn’t text me. He was like “you should have texted me.” Why would I know you’re in town without you telling me?) so I didn’t have a big party or anything. I went out to eat with me and my sisters, and then me and my older sister went to a bar and got kinda drunk. I walked her home and then I went and hung out at Vee’s for a little bit. She was drinking there with Anneh and a couple other friends. She gave me a present: really bright pink boxer briefs. I’m actually wearing them right now. They’re pretty fun. I didn’t get super drunk on my birthday, but I woke up Sunday with a pretty bad hangover. I didn’t have a headache at all, but I was super nauseated. I actually ended up throwing up before going back to sleep for a while longer. When I woke up again, I was still sick. I was supposed to go to this training session thing with Vee and Nett so I would be eligible for a job I want. I almost didn’t go, but Vee talked me into it and gave me something she had to settle my stomach. The training thing was all afternoon (there was an awkward part when these two people asked about my scars), and Vee and I went out to eat afterwards. After that, I sat and didn’t accomplish anything all evening since I was pretty depressed for some reason, even though the day had been pretty fun. Then today was just normal class. I had my first Inorganic Lab experiment. I’m hoping I didn’t poison myself, since all my glassware had crap on it and I spill stuff everywhere, and I ate right afterwards without washing my hands. Oh, well. One of the perks of being suicidal is you don’t care if you accidentally poison yourself. But yeah, that was my week. I know you were all dying to read that. I’m hoping I’m not so insanely tired after my swimming class tomorrow morning as I was last week since I have to meet my grad student afterwards. I suppose if I am, you’ll read about it here next week (not that I have many repeat readers, I think). Until next time.

*Ugh, my wireless internet in my room has been super bad lately too. I’m not sure if it’s the internet or my computer, but either way, I’m getting pissed.

No comments:

Post a Comment