Sunday, September 9, 2012

9-9-12

So once again it hasn’t been a super exciting week. It’s the third week of classes and all the good places to study are back to being packed. I really enjoyed them being empty the first week or two. Oh, well, I’ll just have to suck it up. This next week is going to be not a whole lot of fun. I have a test, a quiz, and a paper. So I’ll have to be sure to stay on top of my studying. So what went on this past week? There weren’t classes Monday because of Labor Day. All the good study places were closed too, sadly. Yesterday was a football game against another state college in my state, so all week was getting pumped up for the game. There was a bunch of free stuff. Yesterday, I walked downtown and the bars were absolutely packed during the game (I was going to the public library, not the bars.) We ended up losing really bad. Oh, well. I’m not a huge football fan, so I wasn’t heartbroken. The drinking was worse than usual this weekend, and I think I heard one of the guys in the hall say someone puked in the sink in the bathroom, so I avoided that until I knew it’d been cleaned. Friday was Vee’s birthday, and she, Anneh, another guy, and I were going to go to the bars Friday night because you can’t be in the bars after 10 if you’re under 21, so it was going to be a novelty for her. Well, she decided to stop by a party first, and then her friends left with all her stuff (keys, ID, but not her phone thankfully) in one of their purses, so she ended up having to track them down over several hours. She decided she didn’t want to go to the bars after that. I feel bad for that happening to her on her birthday, but she’s also being a huge bitch about it. She didn’t even bother to text me that she didn’t want to go the bars that night, so I was sitting in my room waiting for her to text me to meet her. She didn’t even think I might not be able to even just go for a walk for exercise since I didn’t know when she was going to text. She can be kinda oblivious. She just doesn’t even think “Oh, someone else might also be inconvenienced.” Whatever. So then last night she was having a movie night with one of her friends who didn’t ditch her. She told me to come over without saying it was a girls’ night, but it wasn’t too awkward. I just got a little buzzed. I was letting my tongue go a little more than I should have, but they just thought I was drunker than I actually was, so that worked out. I still wish she hadn’t told me to come over though. I felt like I was kinda a third wheel for their “bonding time.”
                So what else happened this week? I had a couple rather nasty brushes with depression. I actually ended up going to Vee’s one night since I wasn’t comfortable being alone. I got a tutoring assignment Friday. I’m going to be tutoring Chem II, but neither of the kids have emailed me back yet. I get that it’s the weekend, but seriously? You need to check your damn email. I tried manroulette. Not a fan. It’s full of creepy people and the few who look normal/my age weren’t interested in chatting, which is what I was hoping for more. Oh, well. It was an experience. Big shock, absolutely nothing happened this week otherwise with guys. There were a couple I remember caught my eye, though. One was an Asian guy in the cafeteria was super friendly talking to this chick he’d just met. I was eavesdropping on their conversation. I really wish Lils didn’t only go for the loser type, because he would have been good for her, lol. Another guy is anti-hffa. If you don’t know, hffa means Hot From Far Away, and refers to a person who is good-looking when they’re a ways away from you but they become pretty average up close. This kid is the opposite. He looks pretty average further away, but gets way hotter up close. Sadly, he sits on the other side of the auditorium. The last guy was when I was walking over a bridge. The wind off the river was really strong and my hair was blowing everywhere. This kid at the other end of the bridge was laughing at me (it really must have looked pretty funny, I admit). He was taking a sidewalk that goes along the river, so when I got to the end up the bridge he was walking under it. He looked up at me, we made eye contact, and he was still grinning about my hair. He was pretty cute. And he was walking toward the art/theater/music buildings…. I’m sorry, that’s stereotyping a lot. I’ll probably never see him again, though, not on this campus. It was just a funny situation though. My hair’s long enough that it can go everywhere, but not long enough that its own weight will help hold it down much. That’s enough about guys, though. I feel like a creeper now. So that’s all for this time. I hope all my (nonexistent) readers have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment