Monday, September 17, 2012

9-17-12

So, to start off with the biggest news of the week, I’ve officially started antidepressants. I’ve said before school/stress is a major trigger for my depression (which is why Dr. H calls it anxiety rather than depression) and this last week was a little stressful. I had a test, a quiz, and a lab report due. My depressive bouts made it impossible to stay on top of things, though. For my test, I didn’t start studying until 4 hours before the exam, and I didn’t start the lab report until less than 12 hours until it was due. I don’t know how well those turned out. Oh, well, I can still make up for it with the rest of the semester. I realized my depression was getting to affect my schoolwork again, so I made an appointment with Dr. H. Surprisingly I could get in the next day. So I went in there, she gave me the prescription, and I picked it up on the way out. That was on Friday. She did tell me to wait to start it until Sunday since me and Vee went out Friday night. We kinda made up for not going to the bars on her birthday. We went to a really quiet bar that people just kinda kept to their own groups with. It was fun, just me and her. We walked around after that to sober up a bit. We ran into some drunk freshmen that we talked to for a bit and then sat under this bridge and talked for a while. So Saturday I was sleeping off a hangover (had to go out to supper with my older sister since the cafeteria was closed by the time I woke up from my nap), and Sunday I didn’t do much because the drugs are making me feel just a little off. I still feel a little weird this morning too. Oh, well. At least I don’t have any tests this week. I just get to stay caught up on stuff and adjust to the drugs and see if I notice them helping. Though I have to stay away from drinking for a while, too. I wouldn’t care, except not being able to do it makes me want to do it.
So other things this week: I want to torture mice to death for a living. One of my classes had us reading papers about cancer research and most of them involve genetically altered mice and giving them cancer to study the processes of various things. I find it fascinating. It’s something I can maybe see myself doing. Sadly, I can’t try it as an undergrad since no one really does that at my college. Oh, well. That’s what grad school is for. I was walking behind a drunk kid one night and he claimed to have gotten jumped. I really want to know where the hell he was coming from, since he was walking the same direction I was. I suspect he got into a crappy part of the residential neighborhoods, but I don’t know what the hell he’d be doing there. My college really isn’t in a rough town, so he must have made a huge target of himself and been somewhere he shouldn’t have been. I also have to say, my floor is a little weird this year. In past years, most guys go to the shower in just a towel. Not all, but most. This year, there’s a bunch of kids who go there either in shorts or something (not unreasonable), but some go almost fully dressed. It’s so weird. Maybe my floor’s just prude this year. Except my neighbors. They’re both really hot (a lot of the floor is, actually), but one loves to just be in his boxers with the door open. One time I saw him mostly undressed with a bunch of other (fully clothed) people in the room. Another time, he was walking down the hallway naked except for a towel held only over his crotch. He had a nice ass, but still. He’s a bit of an exhibitionist I think. Most of the time they’re pretty quiet, too. There’s these two guys that like to play Frisbee in the hall and it hits my door, but that’s pretty rare. Also, on football game mornings, a lot of them get up early to go tailgate, so they get a little rowdy when I want to sleep in. Oh, freshmen. So obsessed with drinking. Another nice thing is that the bathroom isn’t disgusting. My freshman year, it was always really bad. I’ve never had problems other years, though. I think I heard someone say someone puked in the sink one weekend, but I’m not going to judge for that since the one time I’ve thrown up when I was drunk, the first time that night was all over a urinal. One kid apparently brings his own toilet paper to the bathroom with him. It’s like really? Suck it up. The stuff in the bathroom isn’t great, but it gets the job done. Also this week, there was a kinda breezy, drizzly day that is never got out of the 50’s. A light jacket was all that was needed. One of my neighbors (on the opposite side of the previously mentioned ones) goes into his room and is like “What the fuck, it’s Sept. 13th and I can see my fucking breath.” First of all, not you couldn’t, and second, it’s going to get WWWWAAAAYYYYY colder. People will wear shorts and short sleeves in this weather in the spring. He kept going on about the ridiculous weather and said something about transferring. I really hope he’s not actually going to transfer over one cool day. I wonder where he’s from. Obviously somewhere more south, or by an ocean. So overall, the guys seem alright on my floor. One keeps calling me John Lennon when he sees me. He claims I look like him, but I really don’t at all. I’ve talked to maybe two kids, though, very briefly. I don’t even know who my RA is. I’ve never seen his door open. Whatever. That’s my floor this year. Probably about the last I’ll say about them too. I just have my own stuff to do. Anyway, hopefully I’ll be able to report back next week without too bad of side effects from the drugs. Here’s hoping. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment