Monday, August 20, 2012

8-20-12

So I haven’t had a super interesting week. Let’s face it, when do I ever. So starting on Sunday, the 12th: Lils and I went to That’s My Boy. It was hilarious. Me and Lils were laughing the entire time, and no one else in the theater was laughing all that much. It was a little embarrassing. Definitely worth the money we spent. It’s sad it got such bad reviews. Anyway, my dad also took me minigolfing that day. He wanted to go do something with me, but it was a little windy for bikes. Oh, and if any animal lovers were worried after my last post, our cats did show up the next day. And apparently there’d been a skunk coming around, so we’re not sure if it was the skunk or raccoons that made a mess in the garage. So after that, I basically sat around all week. Lils had to move down to college on Wed/Thurs, and I was supposed to go help with that, but I didn’t since she had way too much crap in the car. Plus, they were going to spend the night at my aunt and uncle’s and get to the college the next morning. I’d be fine with that, except my mom wanted to get there for supper and spend the whole evening there. I get it, she wants to see her sister, but I really don’t have that much to talk about with my cousins. So that was another reason I didn’t really go. We did get to see one set of grandparents before Lils and I went to college. We had supper with them at a restaurant on Tuesday night. That was nice. So I moved down to college on Saturday. My older sister had to work until 5, so my parents didn’t want to get down here until late afternoon so they could see her. So I got moved in a little after 3 in the afternoon. I don’t know what it is, but as soon as my parents are in my college town, I get pissed off. I don’t know why, it’s like they’re invading somewhere they don’t belong. College is a place for me to be independent. If I want to see them, I want to go back home, not have them come down. So anyway, we all ate at Chili’s and then they left. I met up with Vee and two of the people she’d been hanging out with this summer. We stopped by this place where a bunch of people were grilling and just sitting around talking. It was alright, but I wasn’t in the mood for people that night. Even the two people Vee was with would have been pushing it. So yesterday, Vee texted me that she wanted to go work out, so I go the rec center, wait for her outside, she never responds, so I go inside to look for her. I don’t find her, so I run on the track, and then look around for her again. She never did show, so I left. She texted later that she’d fell asleep. We ended up meeting for a late lunch instead. It was so weird walking around campus. I go to a large school, so obviously there are a ton of people I don’t know, but it’s also amazing the number of people I recognize that I see walking around. Oh, I had a class with that guy, or Oh, that girl’s friends with Ed. Me and Vee then went to the bookstore and I got most of my books, and then we went to hang out at her place. We just watched TV and talked until we met up with our friend Bat and went to supper. I don’t see much of Bat since we don’t have any classes together, so it was nice to talk to him. Vee then was planning on going out and drinking with some people (none of us have early class), and I told her to text me what she ended up doing. I don’t know if I would have gone or not, it would have depended who was going, but she never texted anyway. So I’m not sure if she went or not. Whatever. So now classes start today, and I have a bunch of small little errands to run afterwards. At least I don’t have lab this first week, otherwise I’d have class from 10:30 until 4:30 today. Instead, I get out at 1:30. Anyway. I shall finish by posting a short list of goals for this semester:
1)      Exercise: Run 3 or 4 times a week and try and go swimming or something a couple times too
2)      Continue to kick ass in school. I’m getting to upper, more competitive classes
3)      Take good care of my teeth. They’ve kinda been crapping out the past year (ironically, they start having problems when I’m taking the best care of them I have in my life)
4)      Spend way less time on the internet. This includes facebook, comedy sites, and more *cough* personal sites.
5)      Learn to love myself. Or at least my life. Hopefully I’ll be able to move past my depression this semester.
6)      Branch out and find new friends. I love Vee, but she’s the only really good friend I have left here at college. I need to either become closer with some other friends or find new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment