Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Sigh

    So I don't know what it is, but when I move to a new place, my emotions get put on hold for a week or so. It's not really a bad thing. In fact, it's really kinda a good thing, since it means I don't get depressed. I think it's just my mind adjusting to my new surroundings. My appetite will also be a little off when I go somewhere new. And it's not homesickness, since the same thing happens when I move back home. The bad thing is, the blues do come back. And they decided to come back hard tonight. I'm feeling better now, but it wasn't fun for a bit there. I really hope I can get on top of this this semester on my own. Being outside and exercising are supposed to help, so I'm definitely going to try to do that more. I never did make an appointment with Dr. H to start meds. I always can if I really need to. The only problem is that I probably wouldn't be able to get in to see her right away if necessary, and then meds take two weeks to start showing effects. And I doubt I could keep to my decision to take meds for long enough even if I did start them. Some days I just really don't want to drug myself. Advice anyone?
    In an attempt to distract myself: I mentioned I might talk about what I want in a guy in an upcoming post. I might switch that to actually trying to dream up my perfect life. I could use a pleasant dream. Of course my pessimist, cynical, realist side always kills them eventually, but it's worth a try. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment