Sunday, August 5, 2012

8-4-12

So this week really wasn’t too exciting. I ran into a girl who graduated with me on Saturday while grocery shopping with my mom. I told her we should get together this week, but I never did get around to texting her. I suppose she can text me as well, though. Maybe she’ll be around after we get back from our vacation to Colorado next week, and I can see her then. It would be nice to see her; she’s super fun to talk to. She’s going to dental hygienist school this fall, which is pretty much the perfect job for her, I think. Me and Lils went to watch a movie with another friend from high school. He actually just graduated with Lils this year, and he’s planning on being pre-med. We’ll see how that goes. I think he has a bit of a romanticized idea of what it’s like to be a doctor. He doesn’t think he does though, since he went to some camp last summer for kids interested in medical careers. Oh, they never lie to high school students and make careers look more appealing than they actually are, do they? Whatever. Anyway, we watched Safe House, which I hadn’t seen before. It was pretty good. On Tuesday, I had lunch with Lils and Ex. It was alright. Afterwards, me and Ex wandered around a rather large cemetery looking for this supposedly haunted spot where cameras won’t work. We didn’t find it, but it was still fun, though it does get a little awkward being alone with Ex sometimes. On Wednesday, I had supper with another friend from high school. She has serious attachment issues. She couldn’t stand leaving home to go to college, she’s starting to think about grad school in two years, and she doesn’t want to go more than an hour or two away and wants extended family in the town she chooses. Really? How do you plan to survive once you graduate? You have to make it on your own sometime. She’s a little out of touch with reality, but she’s still fun to talk to and catch up with. We were wandering around the mall, and Chik-fil-a was ridiculously busy for that national support day. The line was SO long. My older sister also came home for a couple days on Wednesday. She and I went to the new Batman movie on Thursday, which was alright. Yesterday, I had to drive her to appointments and stuff because she had to get her eyes dilated at the eye doctor’s. My mom worked a ton this week, which is unusual for her. Now today she’s trying to get stuff ready for leaving next week for Colorado. Me and Lils might go to a play tonight. I don’t know about that, we’ll see. We finally gave away the last of the kittens this week. Out bloody cat is back in heat already. We really need to get her fixed. But yeah, like I said, not the most exciting week. Later.
*Edit: Lils and I did go to the play: Dog Sees God. It was pretty good, both funny and sad. Of course, I knew what happened in it before we went, but still worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment