Thursday, May 31, 2012

Random thoughts

So, May is almost over, I'm three weeks into summer vacation, and I only have a little over a week left until I have to leave for summer classes. They're in another state, the furthest I've ever been from home (and most certainly the furthest I've been by myself) and I'm going to have to fly for the first time (both ever and by myself) to get there. Should be interesting. I'm actually kinda excited for the classes since they're in a subject area my university doesn't offer anything in really. It's really a once in a lifetime opportunity to take them. They sound like they're going to be really hard, but I also think there's going to be a lot of resources available to help us to. There's going to be 2 TA's for a class of 12 kids, so that's good. Plus, with such a small class, I think we'll all probably be pretty close and work together on the (non-graded/for our benefit only) homework in the evenings (we all have to live on campus in a dorm for the classes). It's kinda amazing I've been home for three weeks though. I've only done a couple things with friends while I've been home, and I've been really slow about getting stuff done that I wanted to. I most certainly haven't been outside biking everyday like I wanted to be (it's been a very windy couple of weeks). I don't know how I've managed to eat up so much time. I must have been watching more tv than I realized since I haven't read more than a couple books and I haven't been playing that many video games (only pokemon Ruby on the Gameboy). Oh, well. What's summer for, except to be lazy. As long as I can make myself work once summer classes start. The class description said to plan on being busy everyday from 8-6 so I think the days are pretty structured. I usually do better with a lot of structure in my day, so this is a good thing. I do hope I can see a little of the area while I'm out there, though. It's probably my only chance for many years, so I had better make it count. I hope everyone else is having a productive summer, and I wish everyone luck in their projects. (At least one of my friends from college is doing a big REU project this summer. I really hope he enjoys it. It's really amazing he got it.) That's all for now. Happy end of May!

No comments:

Post a Comment